Jul 28, 2008

Broadband in Pakistan - LinkDotNet


Its now been many many years that broadband internet is there in Pakistan. But this year 2008 was a real revolution into the broadband internet sector. With some new entrants like linkDotNet, Wateen Telecom and PTCL broadband to the market there are some real differences in terms of service quality and costs have been seen.

Unlike near past now in same low costs high speed internet quality services are arround. Also low speed DSL connections Like 64kbps, 128kbps, 256kbps are now out of the market and replaced with 512kbps, 1Mbps and 2Mbps connections for home users and even more highspeed connections for Business use.

Reason why I marked this post with "LinkDotNet" text is in this post I will be more concentrating on the quality services LinkDotNet providing. As described above are Wateen Telecom, PTCL broadband and also some other include NayaTel optical fiber connections and micronet broadband internet connections.

The only reason to speakout about the linkDotNet is I am using their services from Last few months and want to tell people that they simply rock. These guys are real good on technical support and also interms of quality services. Connection is almost always working and network rarely goes down, say three hours in several weeks.

What I have seen about the repute of linkDotNet, before I had aquired their services, was that they had not a very good reputation but now more people are preffering it on PTCL broadband. Anyways I am a very satasfied customer of them. Also love their billing service, they collect money from your doorstep in only rs. 30 extra charges. They simply rock.

As I am using LinkDotNet so it was kind of review about their services. If you are using some other service just add comment or send through email at khurramz84 [At] yahoo.com and your review will be added as a new post.

Thanks and all kinds of comments welcome.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Here I would like to share my comments about link dot net and I totally disagree with you, currently I'm using link dot not from the last 1 week and I get fedup on the 2nd day after internet activation they are 100% liar their shared internet is not good as compare to PTCL dsl.

Some of problems I'm listing here:
1. you will never get more than 32kb on 1MB connection, said by their team member.

2. You will not be able to browse internet even you will need 20mins to see your inbox on link dot net 1mb connection

3. when you will call them for the support they will say this is not our fault this is PTCL's fault (some backend issues) or they will say your line is not clear

4. when you want to get rid of them they will call you again and again and will request you to give them at least 48 hours to fix their internet issues, if you agreed then you will waste your time as I've done... well I just place my order on PTCL again.